At the Foyer volunteers are a valued resource and make a vital contribution to our aims and objectives. We encourage, develop and support volunteers' involvement in our work.
The time, energy and skills offered by volunteers benefit our work and help us to achieve our aims. Volunteering brings many benefits to volunteers and to those with whom they work.
Current research has shown that volunteering can boost your self confidence, enhance your CV and employability and widen your social network.
How you can help ...
Volunteers impact on all aspects of work the Foyer carries out and your skills, experience and interests can greatly enhance our work.
Volunteer Skills Coach
Hours: Flexible, Programme times Mon - Thurs 10 am - 3 pm
Foyer REACH provides a 12-week recovery programme based on community involvement, personal development, wellbeing and employability skills. REACH is open to people of all ages who have experienced health related issues which are barriers to employment, training or learning.
We are looking for a volunteer who is to work as part of the Aberdeen foyer team;
- Support Foyer Staff with training delivery
- Support training participants/general public with computer use, CV preparation, job search skills, job applications
- Support clients who face literacy issues to complete workbooks
- Provide support with administrative tasks e.g letters to clients and employers
- Input to client database
- Assist with the preparation of reports and statistical analyses
- Respond to telephone enquiries
- On a regular basis conduct telephone follow up calls to previous training participants
- Perform reception duties as required
- Maintain accurate records including training, travel
- Carry out any other administrative / support duties as required
Please click here to read the job description.